Project Lead the Way- K4 through 5th Grade
Seeds of Health Elementary is utilizing Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Launch program for 4th and 5th grade with the help of a generous grant from Project Lead the Way. PLTW is a nationally recognized program that prepares students to be innovative and productive leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Through an engaging, hands-on curriculum, PLTW encourages creative innovative reasoning and a love of learning. In addition, it challenges and engages the natural curiosity of students and gives them real life problem solving skills.
Project Lead the Way - Launch
- Kindergarten - Structure and Function, Pushes and Pulls
- 1st Grade - Light and Sound, Observing Earth, Sun, Moon, and Stars
- 2nd Grade - Grids and Games: Learning how to Code
- 3rd Grade - Stability and Motion: Science of Flight, Forces and Interactions
- 4th Grade - Energy: Collisions & Conversion and Input/Output: Computer Systems & Human Brain
- 5th Grade - Robotics and Automation & Challenge and Infection: Detection & Modeling and Simulation
Tynker- 6th through 8th Grade
Seeds of Health Elementary is utilizing a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) curriculum from Tynker to help our students learn coding through our science classes in grades 6th through 8th. Students begin by taking two basic coding courses to provide them some background and then they utilize in lessons in Earth, Life, and Physical Science. After middle school, students can use this to further pursue STEM and/or coding courses.
- Programming- 200, 201, 300, 301
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- Earth Science